Work With Us
Teacher is responsible for all on-site operations of the center inclusive of ensuring children are actively engaged in safe and enriching activities, and communicating with key stakeholders, which include school administration, staff, and parents. Must have appropriate training, certifications, and experience according to the Maryland State Department of Education Office of Child Care.
You also must be creative and highly motivated person to run our Summer program. Must be energetic, reliable, and be committed to providing fun, enriching and exciting activities. You also must be able to provide supervisorial support to all on-site staff: group aides, group leaders and program volunteers. During the school year, the schedule is 1:30pm - 5:30pm M-F and full-time during summertime. Candidate must have a valid driver's and able to pass a background check.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to provide direction to staff and children
- Ability to implement program curriculum effectively
- Ability to enforce all rules and to make effective decisions to ensure the safety and security of program participants.
- Ability to make sound judgments Requires a tolerant, patient and steady person
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding participant, staff and association records
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner to children, parents, school administration, and other staff members.
- Ability to understand and implement emergency evacuation procedures and protocols during planned drills and unexpected emergency situations.
Qualifications and Skills
At least 21 years of age with high school diploma/certificate of high school equivalence or two completed courses for credit from a college or university. 90 hour certificate with School Age Curriculum - A MUST - NO EXCEPTION
1 year of experience working under supervision in a school age environment or 800 hours of experience working in a licensed childcare center primarily with school age children.